19 March 2019
,9:00 AM | Manila, Philippines
CFA Society Philippines | 7 CE
19 March 2019
09:00- 17:00 (PST)
Venue: Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria,
Ortigas Ave., corner Asian,
Development Bank Ave., Ortigas Center, Quezon City
March 18, 2019 (Basic Financial Modeling
March 19, 2019 (Advanced Financial Modeling)
March 20, 2019 (Corporate Valuation Methodologies
March 21, 2019 (M&A Deal Structuring
Early Bird Rate
: Php24,000.00/person per day (Until February 18, 2019 only)
: Php26,000.00/person per day
CFA Charterholders Rate
: Php21,000.00/person per day
Deadline of Registration
: March 11, 2019
March 19, 2019
Build a fully integrated financial statement projection model with income statement projections, a self-balancing balance sheet, an automated cash flow statement, and the balancing cash flow sweep/debt schedule. While knowledge of advanced accounting concepts is not required for this course, you should possess knowledge of basic accounting ratios and a basic understanding of how the major financial statements are inter-related. Emphasis is placed on the integration of the major financial statements and becoming experts in Excel. Incorporate different methodologies to forecasting the different types of assets on the balance sheet and compare and contrast with projecting liabilities. Learn how to balance a model utilizing the debt sweep and the revolver and not using any “plugs”. Appreciate the danger of and properly control for circular references. Avoid messy nested “if” statements!! You will leave the classroom with a fully constructed model that can be customized and applied to other companies. The final model is a fully scalable model that can be added upon.
• Build an integrated set of financials, including IS, BS & CF statements
• Learn how to balance a model utilizing debt sweep and no “plugs”
• Become super-efficient in Excel through intensive use of keyboard shortcuts
• Intensive focus on correct financial modeling approaches & best practices
Learning Goals: 5-Year Financial Statement Projection Model:
• How do you project an IS from revenues and expenses down to Net Income?
• What are the different methodologies to forecasting the different types of assets on the balance sheet and how do they compare and contrast with projecting liabilities?
• How do you project the shareholders’ equity account?
• What is the importance of financial ratios in building the balance sheet projections?
• How do you approach building an integrated cash flow statement?
• How do you build each component of the cash flow statement and why is cash the last item to project?
Integration and Balancing of Financial Model:
• Balance the model using the debt schedule and debt sweep logic – the most important analysis in terms of balancing the model!!
• How does the cash actually flow through the model?
• Incorporate automatic debt payments and use cash generated to either pay down debt or build cash
• How does the revolver facility actually balance the model?
• Avoid messy nested “if” statements!!
• How does the BS and financial statements balance without the use of “plugs”?
• How are the financial statements integrated using the Interest schedule?
• What are circular references, why should they be avoided and how to get around circular references
POLICY FOR SUBTITUTIONS. CANCELLATIONS AND NO SHOW:
1. Interested parties are requested to register online at www.cfaphilippines.org.
2. Registration is only confirmed upon receipt of payment.
3. After completing the online registration and payment process, registrants will receive an e-mail notification with registration details. A reminder will also be sent before the event. if you have not received the e-mail confirmation and reminder from CFA Society Philippines, it is the delegate's responsibility to contact CFA Soceity Philippines for the confirmation.
4. Registration should be paid in full before the commencement of the event. Immediate payment is required upon e-mail confirmation. Full amount will still be charged for no show. Should the registration fee remain outstanding, CFA Society Philippines reserves the right to disallow entrance to the event.
5. No Cancellation, only Subtitution.
For more information, you may call us at (+632) 637 8968 Learn more or Register