CFA Institute x ACCA Ethics Essay Competition 2020Submit Your Essay
You are invited to submit a creative essay which may include analyses, case studies, proposals and thoughts on ethics, conduct and trust in finance.
Hosted by CFA Institute, Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
Got Something to SAY?
Executive Pay, Global Financial Crisis, Sales Inducement, Too Big to Fail, Perpetuals, Preference Shares, Environment Social and Governance Issues, Fees, Taxes, Valuation, Private Equity, Fintech, Robo-Advisors, Cryptocurrency, Ethical Culture, Mis-selling, Insider Trading, Market Manipulation, Retrenchment
30 September 2020
The Ethics Essay Competition endeavours to promote ethics and integrity in finance. The initiative reaches out to people familiar with the accountancy, banking, finance and investment sectors to attract innovative ideas, proposals and projects which could be promoted to major players in the business community. The aim is to strengthen the sustainability of ethics in business and to reinforce its implementation.
The competition also promotes greater awareness among people of the benefits of strengthening ethical approaches in all aspects of finance. Let’s start the conversation.
Jointly organised by ACCA Hong Kong and CFA Institute, we present a perfect platform to express your thoughts and to exchange best thinking on ethical issues among like-minded professionals in the finance world. Register now!
About the Competition
- Submissions of essay in English should be around 1,000 – 1,500 words
- You choose the topic in finance that you want to write about
- The essay should comprise three parts: the background, the ethical dilemma and the solution or action taken.
- Prizes are awarded to the top three entries
- Download the Rules and Regulation and Cover Page
First Prize: Apple HomePod
Second Prize: Apple Watch Series 3
Third Prize: Apple AirPods
The top three winners may have the chance to present their case virtually to the audience of industry experts, practitioners and academicians on the Global Ethic Day to be held in the week of 19 October 2020.
What we are looking for...
- Innovative approach
- Insightful and thorough analysis
- Practical and relevant to society
- Precision in writing including clarity of expression
- Clear conclusions
Benefits of Participation
- Ideal platform to express yourself
- Ideal avenue to try a different event
- Possible opportunity to present your essay to industry experts, practitioners and academicians
- Winning essay possibly gets uploaded onto Asia-Pacific Research Exchange platform for further comments and discussion
- Great for your professional development
- ACCA Professional Insights research work www.accaglobal.com/hk/en/professional-insights.html
- CFA Institute Asia-Pacific Research Exchange www.arx.cfa
- CFA Institute www.cfainstitute.org
- CFA Institute Blogs blogs.cfainstitute.org
- Past winners for Ethics & Trust in Finance Prize www.ethicsinfinance.org/previsous-editions/published-texts
- Interviews with past winners for Ethics & Trust in Finance Prize: www.ethicsinfinance.org/2016-2017/interviews-of-the-winners
In Line with the ESG Principles
We will try our very best wherever practical to run this competition with minimal carbon footprint.
We endeavour to:
- Use predominantly electronic communication
- Submission of entries via email (no hard copy accepted)
- Print minimal marketing collaterals and information booklets
- Use soft-copy certificate of participation, appreciation etc (Sorry Judges, there won’t be token of appreciation)