The Power of Python - Introduction on how to use Python in practical applications
30 Aug 2022, 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm Australian Eastern Standard Time (UTC+10h)Register
Hosted by CFA Societies Australia
The webinar will provide an introduction on how Python is being used in the financial community and discuss the pros and cons of Python relative to other programming languages and Excel. The webinar will showcase a variety of practical applications currently used by financial professionals in investment banking as well as public and private investments. The demonstrations will include:
- Data aggregation, management and analysis of thousands of client trades scattered through numerous Excel and PDF files
- Web scraping to pull hundreds of data points from websites in seconds
- Creating contacts databases for sales outreaches by collecting data from corporate websites and LinkedIn
- Creating powerful and interactive dashboards to visualize and analyze datasets
- More advanced applications of Python, including analysis of press releases with NLP (Natural Language Processing) and processing of images with OCR (Optical Character Recognition)
These demonstrations are examples of tasks that would take hours or days to do manually and that are automated with Python in a matter of minutes.
CFA Institute members/charterholders who log in to register will automatically receive PL/SER credits in their online trackers post-event.